By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
This handler deactivates a user of your Yammer network. After searching and finding the user id that cooresponds to the inputted user email, the user will be deactivated. If a user with the specified email does not exist, the request will be ignored. Any other errors that happen during this process will also be caught and re-raised by the handler.
Note: This handler requires a verified admin account in a paid Yammer network! (If you are an admin and still getting an error with the message "Attempt to access a protected resource failed" make sure that you are also verified.)
How to retrieve your Access Token
* These instructions can also be found on developer.yammer.com/authentication under client-side authentication
1. Start by creating a client application at https://www.yammer.com/client_applications
2. Fill in the required information and create the application
3. Using the client id you retrieved from the application, paste this url into your browser, making sure to replace [:client_id]:
4. After submitting that page and authorizing the application, look in the url to find your access token. That url will look like:
5. Paste this Access Token into your info values and you will be all set!
If you have already registered Kinetic Task with your Yammer network, or if you receive a message stating that the "Application Name is already in use", you can view your list of registered applications at: https://www.yammer.com/client_applications Click on your application details to get your client id and client secret.
|User Email||The email address of the user that should be deactivated.|
ResultsThis handler returns no results
|2||2013-09-09||* Changed authentication method as well as transitioned from using the Yammer gem to using the REST Client gem.|
|1||2012-08-02||* Initial version. See README for details.|