By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
This handler creates a new group on the domain that the inputted access token (as an info value) is tied to. If you want the group to be private, input true for the "Private" parameter. If not, the group will just be a standard public group. Any errors that happen in this process will be caught and re-raised by the handler.
How to retrieve your Access Token
* These instructions can also be found on developer.yammer.com/authentication under client-side authentication
1. Start by creating a client application at https://www.yammer.com/client_applications
2. Fill in the required information and create the application
3. Using the client id you retrieved from the application, paste this url into your browser, making sure to replace [:client_id]:
4. After submitting that page and authorizing the application, look in the url to find your access token. That url will look like:
5. Paste this Access Token into your info values and you will be all set!
If you have already registered Kinetic Task with your Yammer network, or if you receive a message stating that the "Application Name is already in use", you can view your list of registered applications at: https://www.yammer.com/client_applications Click on your application details to get your client id and client secret.
|Group Name||The name of the group that you want to create.|
|Private||True if this is a private group and false if it will be public.|
|Group Name||Sample Group|
ResultsThis handler returns no results
|2||2013-09-06||* Changed authentication method as well as transitioned from using the Yammer gem to using the REST Client gem.|
|1||2012-06-19||* Initial version. See README for details.|