Retrieves a Salesforce User record with the given Username.
This handler uses Salesforce's REST API to retrieve a user from Salesforce. The first thing that the handler does is obtain an access token using the inputted info values, which is used to authenticate the rest of the calls that are made. Next, the handler makes a call to retrieve the user information that corresponds to the inputted username and then returns that information in the XML results.
Where to find the Client ID, Client Secret, Security Token and Salesforce Instance.
- After logging into Salesforce, the Salesforce Instance can be found in the URL to the left of the salesforce.com (ie. na15, cs13, etc.)
- Go to Setup, which is in the dropdown menu under your name in the upper righthand corner.
- On the left sidebar, your Security Token can be found under Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset My Security Token.
- To get the Client ID and Client Secret, Navigate back to Setup and go to Manage Apps.
- Create a new Connected App, and fill in the basic information for the app.
- Check the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox and put https://auth for your callback url.
- Under selected OAuth scopes, add Access and manage your data (api) to your selected scopes and save.
- Your Client ID and Client Secret will be found on the app information page that you were redirected to upon saving.