By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
Retrieves a Salesforce Contact's information based on the inputted contact id. The first thing that the handler does is obtain an access token using the inputted info values, which is used to authenticate the rest of the calls that are made. The inputted contact id is then used to build a URL to retrieve the contact information, which is then formatted and returned as XML results. If the contact id cannot be found or any other errors are encountered, they will be caught and raised by the handler.
Where to find the Client ID, Client Secret, Security Token
- Go to Setup, which is in the dropdown menu under your name in the upper righthand corner.
- On the left sidebar, your Security Token can be found under Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset My Security Token.
- To get the Client ID and Client Secret, Navigate back to Setup and go to Manage Apps.
- Create a new Connected App, and fill in the basic information for the app.
- Check the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox and put https://auth for your callback url.
- Under selected OAuth scopes, add Access and manage your data (api) to your selected scopes and save.
- Your Client ID and Client Secret will be found on the app information page that you were redirected to upon saving.
|Contact Id||The Id of the Salesforce Contact record that will be retrieved|
|Salutation||The Salutation field of the Contact record|
|First Name||The First Name field of the Contact record|
|Last Name||The Last Name field of the Contact record|
|Title||The Title field of the Contact record|
|Department||The Department field of the Contact record|
|Mailing Street||The Mailing Street field of the Contact record|
|Mailing City||The Mailing City field of the Contact record|
|Mailing State/Province||The Mailing State/Province field of the Contact record|
|Mailing Zip/Postal Code||The Mailing Zip/Postal Code field of the Contact record|
|Mailing Country||The Mailing Country field of the Contact record|
|Phone||The Phone field of the Contact record|
|Home Phone||The Home Phone field of the Contact record|
|Mobile||The Mobile field of the Contact record|
|Fax||The Fax field of the Contact record|
|The Email field of the Contact record|
|Description||The Description field of the Contact record|
|2||2017-09-11||* Due to Salesforce requiring TLS 1.2, this handler is only compatible with Task
* 4.2.0 and above due to needing a ruby version greater than 2.0.0
* Update Salesforce API version from v20.0 to v37.0
* Updated to fully use the REST API (including authentication)
* Add more logging while executing
|1||2010-04-28||* Initial version. See README for details.|