By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
Retrieves a Salesforce Account's information based on the inputted id. The first thing that the handler does is obtain an access token using the inputted info values, which is used to authenticate the rest of the calls that are made. The inputted account id is then used to build a URL to retrieve the account information, which is then formatted and returned as XML results. If the account id cannot be found or any other errors are encountered, they will be caught and raised by the handler.
Where to find the Client ID, Client Secret, Security Token
- Go to Setup, which is in the dropdown menu under your name in the upper righthand corner.
- On the left sidebar, your Security Token can be found under Personal Setup > My Personal Information > Reset My Security Token.
- To get the Client ID and Client Secret, Navigate back to Setup and go to Manage Apps.
- Create a new Connected App, and fill in the basic information for the app.
- Check the Enable OAuth Settings checkbox and put https://auth for your callback url.
- Under selected OAuth scopes, add Access and manage your data (api) to your selected scopes and save.
- Your Client ID and Client Secret will be found on the app information page that you were redirected to upon saving.
|Account Id||The Id of the Salesforce Account record that will be retrieved|
|Account Name||The Account Name field of the Account record|
|Account Site||The Account Site field of the Account record|
|Type||The Type field of the Account record|
|Industry||The Industry field of the Account record|
|Annual Revenue||The Annual Revenue field of the Account record|
|Rating||The Rating field of the Account record|
|Phone||The Phone field of the Account record|
|Fax||The Fax field of the Account record|
|Website||The Website field of the Account record|
|Ownership||The Ownership field of the Account record|
|2||2017-09-11||* Due to Salesforce requiring TLS 1.2, this handler is only compatible with Task
* 4.2.0 and above due to needing a ruby version greater than 2.0.0
* Update Salesforce API version from v20.0 to v37.0
* Updated to fully use the REST API (including authentication)
* Add more logging while executing
|1||2010-04-27||* Initial version. See README for details.|