By downloading this file, you acknowledge that you agree to our Terms of Service
Creates a Salesforce Case record for an Account with the given parameters and returns the Case Id of the created record.
This handler essentially has two phases: authentication and record creation.
1. The handler uses the SOAP API login method to retrieve the authentication
details that are required for making the REST API requests.
2. The handler uses the REST API to create the Salesforce case record. The case record
contains mappings provided by the @parameters instance variable. The handler's
parameters are mapped to the Salesforce fields.
How to Get Consumer_Key & Consumer_Secret
1. Login to your Salesforce Account
2. On the left-hand sidebar
a. Build Section > Create > App
3. Scroll down to 'Connected Apps'
a. Click 'New' button
- Enter fields:
* Connected App Name
* API Name
* Contact Email
- API (Enable OAuth Settings) Section
* Check box 'Enable OAuth Settings'
* Enter callback URL (ex: https://127.0.0.0/oauth/callback)
* For 'Selected OAuth Scopes'
- Select API access (for all, select 'Full access (full)')
- After selection, click 'Add' arrow button
- Click 'Save' button at bottom
b. Allow from 2-10 minutes for your changes to take effect on the server before using the connected app.
4. Go to newly created App (see Step 2). Scroll down to 'Connected Apps' and click on App.
5. Consumer Key and Consumer Secret will be shown in 'API (Enable OAuth Settings)' section.
a. Note: You must click on 'Click to Reveal' to show the Consumer Secret
How to Get Security Token
1. A security token should have been emailed to you on the initial setup of your Salesforce Account.
2. If you do not have the security token, you can have a new one sent to you:
a. On the admin dashboard, go to the upper right hand corner
- Click on your name and select 'My Settings'
- On the left hand side, go to Personal > Reset My Security Token
* Click on 'Reset Security Token'
* An email will be sent to you containing your new security token. Any tokens you had previously
will be deprecated.
|AccountID||Sets the Account ID field to assign the Case record to.|
|ContactID||Sets the contact for the newly created Case.|
|Type||Sets the type of the case.|
|Reason||Sets the reason for creating the case.|
|Status||Sets the status of the case.|
|Priority||Sets the priority of the case.|
|Origin||Sets the origin of what created the case.|
|Subject||Subject of the case.|
|Description||Description of the case.|
|Subject||Server is down|
|Description||When trying to sign on, the server does not response.|
|CaseID||The Id of the Case record that was created|