|Remedy||AR Server v7.0.0 or greater|
|Web Application Server|| |
Java Servlet Container (Servlet spec 2.4, JSP spec 2.0)
|Java||Java 1.6.0 or greater - either 32-bit or 64-bit|
- KT-713, Include source id in error emails
If you are going to use Kinetic Task with Kinetic Request 5.1.x and haven't already applied the Request 5.1/Task 3.0 Compatibility Pack, you will need to install it after you've upgraded Task to version 3.1.3. Instructions can be found here.
Deploying the Web Application - Using Tomcat as an example
- Download and unzip the install package.
- Stop the Tomcat service on your web server.
- BACKUP your existing kineticTask directory located at <tomcat_home>/webapps/kineticTask.
- Copy the kineticTask.war file from the extracted install package and paste it into the <tomcat_home>/webapps directory. If you are using WebSphere or WebLogic, instead use the .war/.ear file in the associated subdirectory, which includes configuration items specific to those servers.
- Clear the cached JSP files.
For Tomcat, delete the entire <tomcat_home>/work/Catalina/localhost/kineticTask directory.
- Delete the existing web application located at <tomcat_home>/webapps/kineticTask.
- Restart Tomcat and the web application archive will automatically deploy.
Running the Web-based upgrade application
- Open a web browser and log into the Web Admin Console. The Admin Console's address will be something like http://<webserver>:<port>/kineticTask/AdminConsole. You will see the following screen:
- Click Continue.
- Enter your Remedy server connection information and click Continue.
- Click Continue when prompted to upgrade.
- Click Continue to confirm that you want to upgrade.
- Wait while the application is being upgraded.
- Click Continue once the Remedy portion of the upgrade is complete to launch the Task Admin Console.
- Click the Edit Properties button.
- Update the application properties accordingly. The properties are listed below by section.
Note: all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Application License - the Kinetic Task License key that was provided to you by Kinetic Data
Remedy Server Settings
Server Name - the name of your Remedy server. This should either be the server’s DNS name or IP address. The value you enter here must match the value used to generate the Kinetic Task licenses.
TCP Port - the Remedy server’s TCP Port. If your Remedy server uses portmapper, enter 0.
Username - the Remedy user name that the task engine will use to log in and process tasks.
Password - this password for the aforementioned username
Kinetic Task Engine Settings
- Enable - check this box to enable the task engine and display other settings for it.
- Sleep Delay - the number of seconds the task engine will wait between checking for new triggers to process. This value is only used if the Max Threads setting is set to 0.
- Max Threads - indicates the number of worker threads the task engine will use to process triggers. If set to 0, the task engine will only use one worker thread in a synchronized manner, meaning it will process all the triggers with one worker thread, then sleep for the specified duration as indicated by the Sleep Delay parameter, then wake up and process the new triggers. If this value is set higher than 0, that many worker threads will be available to process triggers simultaneously. More threads require more memory and higher CPU utilization.
- Query Limit - the maximum number of triggers that will be processed during each wake cycle. If there are more triggers than the value of the query limit, the remaining triggers will be processed in future wake cycles.
- Query - allows the user to customize what trigger records are selected by a specific engine. This is typically only applicable in multiple task engine environments.
- Cache Handlers - allows the task engine to cache the task handler files in memory. Changes to the task handler file will not be applied until the web server is restarted. This provides a performance improvement over loading the task handler file every time it is needed.
- Outgoing Mailbox Unique ID - used to identify a specific Remedy mailbox to use when generating system emails. This value corresponds to the 'Unique Identifier' field on the AR System Email Mailbox Configuration form. If this value is left blank, the default outgoing mailbox will be used.
- Notify Process Owner - tells the task engine to send an email to the process owner when an error occurs with that process tree. The process owner is configurable for each task process tree by clicking the 'Configure' button in the Task Builder, and configuring the email address in the Author field.
- Notify System Owner - tells the task engine to send an email to the system administrator when any error occurs in the task engine. When selected, a text input field will appear that will accept an email address, or a comma separated list of email addresses.
Default Logging Settings
- Log Level - determines what level of detail the information is written to the log file. The values are listed in order of detail from least (Off) to most (All). A higher detailed value provides more logging information, but is also more resource intensive on your server.
- Max Log Size - The logger is configured as a rolling file appender, which means that when the log file reaches the max size limit, it will be closed and a new file will be started. This prevents the file from growing too large, and allows administrators the ability to delete old log data without having to stop the web server.
Configuration Administration Credentials
- Config Admin User - the configuration administrator username. The default value is admin.
- Edit Password - check this box to display the Admin Password field so that you can update it.
- When you have finished updating the properties click the Update Properties button to save them.
- You should see a green confirmation message letting you know that the properties have updated successfully.
- That's it. You're done with the upgrade.
Don't forget to install the Kinetic Request 5.1/Task 3.0 Compatibility Pack if you will be using Task 3.1.3 with Request 5.1.x, and haven't already applied it.