This package requires that your Remedy server already has Kinetic Request v5.1.0+ and Kinetic Task v3.0.0+ installed.
The installation is a manual process that involves importing an object definition file to the Remedy server.
- Download the compatibiity package file and extract the Remedy object definition file to a temporary location.
- Using either the Remedy Administrator or Developer Studio application, import the object definition file extracted in step 1.
NOTE: If installing into a 7.6 or greater version of Remedy, you MUST set to Base Development mode using BMC Developer Studio.
The upgrade process involves manually interacting with a new display-only form that was imported during the installation process.
- Login to your Remedy server as a Remedy Administrator using either the Remedy User application or the Mid-Tier.
- Search for and open the form named "KS_RQTTSK30_DataUpgradeForm" in either the Search or New mode.
- Click on the Upgrade button to back fill all the Kinetic Request process trees so they are compatible with Kinetic Task v3.0.0+.
- Close the form when you see the message stating all records have been updated.