Kinetic Request can be integrated to one or more forms or applications on your AR System Server. Part of this process is “linking” your forms to Kinetic Request with shared and form-specific workflow. This is performed by an AR System Administrator. Each form integrated is considered a “Data Source”.
Once this process is completed, a survey author can then use these data sources to trigger requests by configuring integration points to incorporate surveys into your business process. This is done via the Sources Tab on the Survey Author Console
In order to view this tab, the survey author must be a part of the “Survey Integrator” group.
Example of Sources Tab:
Triggers define the connection between a Remedy form and Kinetic Survey. You define the form to connect to, the type of trigger, and the qualification that defines when requests are created.
Example of Blank Trigger:
Survey (survey template) Name, Data Set, and Integration Status are all set with default values from the current survey template.
NOTE: Default Status is Active. As soon as you save your trigger it will start sending surveys. Recommended action is to save as Inactive until ready to execute.
Integration Name is a descriptive name for your trigger.
Select existing lets you pick from existing triggers and create a copy.
Form Name is a list of all the Remedy forms that have been configured through the Integration Manager console. See above for the link to the Integration Article.
Category and Type are available if they have been configured on the Integration Manager console for the form selected in the Form Name list.
Trigger Process has four options:
- Active Link - used to present a survey directly on a Remedy form. An example is using a survey to ask additional questions based on a categorization selection on an Incident form.
- Batch-One Time - used to send a survey to a select number of email addresses from a Remedy form based on a qualification. For example, send a survey to managers that authorized a change over the last 30 days. Opens a new field under Qualification that lets you set the specific date/time for the batch.
- Batch-Recurring - used to send a time/date based recurring survey to a certain number of email addresses. For example, sending a recurring authorization form for regulatory purposes. Opens a new field under Qualification that lets you set the specific date/time for the batch and the repeat time/date.
- Event (most common) - used to send a survey based on data on a Remedy form when it is updated or created. For example, send a survey to the customer once an incident is resolved.
Message Template is used to designate the email template for a trigger (not needed for Active Link triggers). Buttons next to the field allow you create new or modify the selected. The list is restricted to message templates that match the survey category, or have been created with no survey category (generic).
Qualification sets the search for the trigger. The field is read-only. Click the Qualification button to create the qualification.
Example of a Qualification:
All of the fields from the Remedy form are available when you create your qualification.
Rules for Integrations
There are three different rules available for integrations, Minimum Survey Frequency, Survey Count and Survey Limit.
Example of a blank Integration Rules dialog:
Survey Name and Integration Name are filled in by default
Selecting the Rule Name prompts you with a Rule Description and determins the meaning of Rule Value.
- Minimum Survey Fequency: Wait x number of days between surveying an email address. Example: If you'd like to wait 10 days between surveys to a customer, add a Rule Value of "10".
- Survey Count: Only surveys every x number of events being directed at this survey. Example: To survey every 5th event, add "5" to Rule value.
- Survey Limit: Specifies a maximum value of surveys that will be generated. Once the maximum number is reached, all remaining surveys will not be processed.
The individual rules can be combined.
Modify/Delete a Trigger
To delete or modify, select the trigger from the table, and click the desired button. You will receive a warning if your attempt to delete.
Information on creating and using data sets is included in the following article